Saturday, February 20, 2010

How do you acheive professional hair color at home?

My colorist decided to become a full time Mom so I'm without a good hair colorist and I live in a very rural area. The lady who replaced my colorist never has my brand or color on hand and the last time she colored my hair she had me come back the next day for a ';do-over';. My old colorist told me she used Matrix 5 which is a med brown and the 20 Vol Developer. She was very uncomfortable giving me the info as she does not want to undercut her replacement nor does she want to be responsible for me messing my hair up. She recommended I take the color and developer to the replacement colorist and let her do my hair ... which I DO NOT want to do. So, my question is .. what is the ratio of color:developer for Matrix products and is an overall color achievable at home without disastrous results?How do you acheive professional hair color at home?
Sounds like you still have contact with your former stylist. Yes, she should be uncomfortable giving you information that should be done by professionals and professional products.


If I were you, I would ask her to consult the new operator about the situation and give her the formula for you. The new stylist should be grateful and the former stylist should be happy knowing she has made the proper steps to assure that her formal customer is properly taken care of. If the new stylist does not want to do this, then perhaps your former stylist can recommend someone else but I think they will both be pleased and you also.


May God Bless!How do you acheive professional hair color at home?
I just wanted to say, I ordered my matrix color and developer online, did my hair myself and am very, very pleased with the results and saved myself about $50.00 in professional fees.The Matrix color I used mixed 1 1/2 oz of color to 1 1/2 oz of developer .... EASY!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment