Saturday, February 20, 2010

Professional Hair Color Question?

I have two questions I would like to ask to a professional hairdresser:





1) I am trying an experiment on my mannquin head who is a natural level dark brown (2), but I want to eventually bring her to a dark blonde/medium blonde (level 6/7) I haven't used bleach because it is very damaging to the hair, so I've tried using SoColor Matrix in the Hi-Tones Version with equal parts neutral and equal parts ash to lift dark bases and some extra blonding cream. It has not worked, but I've also considered using an oil lightner. What should I do here and is there a better formulation I should be using?





2) Also, after I accomplish lightening her I want to bring her back to her natural level 2/3, and have been referring back to the contributing pigment which is red/red brown for level 2/3. What formulation would work best for this?





Thank You!Professional Hair Color Question?
You should probably do a swatch test to determine what works best. Try taking several pieces around the same color and put them in different things to see what works best over all. I assume you not only want less damage, but you want a good even tone as well. I would try 20V. perox with equal parts of Basic White or another bleach. Being mannequins don't have body temperature you can pretty much get it on evenly without having the roots pull lighter. Then you can tone it to the shade you want it and the color back will be easier because you've already toned it. Try one swatch like that, and another with the oil lightener and still another with high lift color I wouldn't use the ash or neutral until after you get your lift. You can use those to tone it later and it will lift higher for you.
  • skin allergy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment